My name is Anirudh, So today a thought crossed my mind. Why don’t I take people on a small journey towards game development? I started playing video games when I was 6 years old. my first game was road rash. * nostalgia stikes *
About me and my journey with Game dev so far
Probably still one of the best games I have ever played till date. After so much of grinding, looting, fighting, racing and capturing villages, it finally came to a point where I found myself enjoying making games as much as playing them. So I started out making small games like tic tack toe, snake and then went on with flash games. It was such a good experience diving into new things. For my 12th grade project, we made a GUI interface for Dos executed programmed in C++. We managed to integrate a few games into it and it was fun making them. Later on, I started working on my own games during my leisure, I made a few flash games during my first years in college
About Unity and its brilliance
Later on, I started working with the Unity engine. At that time it was in beta but I got the hang of it.
- They even have dedicated tutorials on how to go about with things and getting started.
- Unity store as amazing tools and assets free of cost.
- Even the Engine is free of cost.
- It uses C# for programming and is very easy and intuitive to learn.
- After the recent post-processing and rendering pipeline updates, things are just beyond words.
Here is a sample image rendered after post-processing.
So to all the
- First-timers who don’t have any prior knowledge of game development
Seasoned game developers
- Visual artists
- Animation Specialists
- game programmers
Anyone with enthusiasm to learn things by doing
Hop on board. Let us let our minds wander and create something beautiful together.
- We will be working on Github.
- No prior experience required.
- We will brainstorm and vote on the genre and specifics
- Mostly will be starting by last week of November.
Shortly i will be posting a google form for interested people.
Let the games begin * mic drop *